Sunday, March 14, 2010

Spring 2010/Midterm Examination

1. After studying media for eight weeks in this class, what have you learned?

I learned that a medium is a very powerful tool these days. Between commercials to films to new technology devices, we are all distracted and persuaded by them! What we do and what we decide and what we think are all affected by the media!

2. What is the most important thing you have learned about yourself as a 1. A critical reader; 2. a writer, and 3. a critical thinker in this class so far?

As a reader, I have definitely grown! I have learned how to read scripts which I never thought I would. I have also improved as a writer because I am now capable of writing scripts as well as reading. This class has definitely made me think more about this crazy technological universe we are surviving in today.

3. What's one thing YOU would do differently this first half of the semester if you were to take this class again?

One thing I would do differently is to not always do the homework at the last minute! Even though I get it done, I feel that my work would be worth more if I actually took more time to do it and not procrastinate constantly.

4. What's one thing you would like ME to do differently this first half of the semester if you were to take this class again?

This is a tough one because I really don't have a problem with anything in this class. I guess I would like to see more films...such as documentaries so I can get a better feel for the chapters that I'm reading about.

5. Please comment on the usefulness of the course blog, your personal blog, our films, and our book(s) as learning tools.

I never thought I would blog this much but I honestly like it. It helps me review what I learned, helps collect my thoughts and keeps me updated. I like reading this book because it's not just word after word, it actually shows you what a script is like. I've definitely learned a lot this semester so far.

1 comment:

  1. EXCELLENT mid-term reflections and feedback, Steph!

    I am particularly glad to hear you are enjoying blogging - I agree.

    You cover much ground here - thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    See you soon,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete