Sunday, April 11, 2010

Media Meditation # 6: The Losers?




Recently, I've been seeing many commericals for this new movie comming out called The Losers. At first I thought it looked really stupid but now that I've seen the commericals repeatidly, I'm persuaded to go and see it! When first watching the trailer, I immediately noticed the epistemological shift because of the words C.I.A., N.S.A. and Special Forces. This is where my neo-cortex plays a role too. My limbic brian is also in use because of the music in the background. The fact that I can access this trailer on my phone shows the aesthetic shift as well. One specific principle that stood out was production techniques. There were many close-up shots, different sound effects and font styles, etc. Another principle that I noticed was emotional transfer. I feel that this movie is directed towards "geeks" or "nerds" to make them realize that they can be just as cool as anyone else! When the narrator says the "C.I.A, N.S.A. and Special Forces....we're not them, we're the losers" definitely shows some humor involved in the movie as well as group dynamics. It also shows the technique symbols. Another technique I saw was beautiful people. Once again, there are many good looking actors and actresses in this film. Throughout the preview, there are words such as "Max" and "Kill them" so my neo-cortex is in use again. By the end of the preview, my reptilian is racing because I am anxious to see this film. I love action movies so I am excited to see this when it comes out! I'm a little confused as to what this movie is about though so I found a synopsis of it online.

"A tale of double cross and revenge, centered upon the members of an elite U.S. Special Forces unit sent into the Bolivian jungle on a search and destroy mission. The team-Clay, Jensen, Roque, Pooch and Cougar -find themselves the target of a lethal betrayal instigated from inside by a powerful enemy known only as Max. Presumed dead, the group makes plans to even the score when they're joined by the mysterious Aisha, a beautiful operative with her own agenda. Working together, they must remain deep undercover while tracking the heavily-guarded Max, a ruthless man bent on embroiling the world in a new high-tech global war".

Hopefully this let's you understand a little more what the movie is about!

2 comments:

  1. This looks like quite a film, Steph.

    I hadn't heard of it - thanks for the "trailer" embed.

    "Waging a war against the CIA," zoinks.

    VERY GOOD m.m.'ing,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete
  2. A VERY GOOD blog for this semester, Steph! You have taken blogging to heart - and composed some fine posts. Bravo, Fire on the Mountain! - Dr. W

    ReplyDelete