Thursday, February 25, 2010

Better hope it's not a full moon tonight! Media Meditation #1


Just the other week, my sister and I had set out to see the new hit movie, The Wolfman. Starring anthony Hopkins, this thriller kept me on the edge of my seat from the beginning to the end. Going into the movie, I had really high expectations for it. I have seen other wolf movies such as An American Warewolf in London and An American Warewolf in Paris but I was hoping that this movie would beat those to the dirt. Because of today's new technologies and graphic wonders, this movie really did get me. I liked the suprising twist in it (which I'm not going to say) because it threw the entire audience off. I especially liked how my limbic brain was wide awake the whole time because of the suspenseful music. When considering the eight different shifts, one can tell that there is definitely a technological shift because of all the cool special effects. For example, the way that they made the main character transform into a warewolf from a man is amazing. It looked so real that I almost thought it was! This ties into the persuasive technique, repetition because of how many times we the audience saw this man undergo this transformation. When seeing him turn into a wolf, my reptilian was racing more than ever. I felt like my heart was going to jump out to the screen. Eveen though this was a scary movie, there was some humor in it...of course Anthony Hopkins was the comic. There were also some warm fuzzies when the people of the town knew that he would never strike back towards the ending...or at least that's what they thought! The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that I feel like it was too short. Before I knew it, the movie was over and I was leaving the theatre. I was hoping to enjoy my popcorn a little longer but I lived. I really hope that the producers make a second film, The Wolfman 2...I would definitely go and see it. If I had to recommend this film to anyone, it would be to wolf or vampire addicts like me!

1 comment:

  1. If you intend this to me a media meditation, Steph, then be sure to:

    1. Label it MEDIA MEDITATION #?? in the subject line...

    2. Dive much more deeply with our power tools...

    Go for it,

    W

    ReplyDelete