Sunday, February 7, 2010

Busy Ball Busting Barack #1



1) During Obama's speech, my limbic brain starts to feel a level of comfort. By Obama giving me hope, along with the rest of America, it also makes my Neo Cortex think that maybe our country will survive.

2) When considering the eight trends, the most obvious one to me is the Technological Shift. I was recently informed that the White House has its own YouTube channel. Hundreds of years ago, who would have ever thought?! The fact that I can access it through my computer and even my phone shows the Aesthetic Shift.

3) One basic principle that I noticed was Production Techniques. There were different camera angles, for example, the camera zoomed in on his face at times. I think this is called a close-up shot. Another production technique that I noticed was Emotional Transfer. What emotions does this media tap? Some one who watches this might feel a level of comfort just like me. President Obama wants to give Americans a sense of hope.

4) The first persuasive technique that I observed was group dynamics. Being President of the United States, you must address your country. Obama does this by saying, "My fellow Americans". The second persuasive technique that I noticed was Humor when he mentioned how he hates root canals. The third would be Strength. Just by Obama being up there, he is proving that he is a strong leader and an amazing speaker. The fourth technique I noticed is Repetition. I found that he usually repeats himself after the people applaud because some one might not have heard him if the applauding was too loud. He repeats, "I hated it" about three times when referencing the bank bail out to a root canal. The fifth would be Warm Fuzzies. He claims that "All Americans are destined to succeed". This might give a lot of people a good feeling inside. The last technique that I noticed was Scientific Evidence. "One in ten Americans still cannot find work".

5) Because America is strong, we are perfectly capable of getting out of this recession.

6) "For 220 years, our leaders have fulfilled this duty". "They've done so during periods of prosperity and tranquility and they've done so in the midst of depression". "America is always destined to succeed".

1 comment:

  1. GOOD work here, Steph!

    What a photo of Mr. O at the bottom, too - zoinks.

    Can you use spacing, italics, boldface etc to your advantage? Do this moving forward to make your blog posts excellent...

    Go for it,

    Dr. W

    ReplyDelete